Thursday, 13 June 2013

Snotty Moo!

I'm officially a Snotty Mooo!  Okay, so many of you know that already lol, but this time it's in the physical sense!

Charlotte has had, and still has a snuffly nose & congestion. I initially thought it was hay fever, but given her spectacular sneezes that would put the stalactites at Cheddar Gorge to shame, and the fact that her 'hay fever' now seems to have attached itself to me also, I think it's safe to assume it's a summer cold.
 
Normally a cold doesn't bother me in the least, but this time I'm feeling totally sorry for myself & poorly sick.... I really must be getting old!  

My usual perfume has today been replaced with Eau-de-Olbas-Oil, with a little Eau-de-Vick for good measure.  I couldn't smell it & may've overdone it just a little.  Unfortunately everyone else could smell it.... for about a twenty mile radius according to Phil!
 
Worse, my voice is sounding identical to the British Rail Tannoy system, you know,  like a peg's clamping my nose!   My loud sniffing, & vicious new bark has probably got neighbours thinking we have a new dog.  And talking of dogs, ours isn't impressed with my newly acquired sound effects either.
 
But the most amazing thing of all?  The SNOT !!  Which has caused my inquisitive mind go into overdrive... I've been nicknamed 'Why Bird' in the past by certain friends, for my incessant questioning of everything!  And this has set me off again.
So I'm now wondering WHERE THE HELL DOES ALL THIS SNOT COME FROM????!! How can it instantly replace itself when I blow my nose?  And seemingly add a bit more each time to its volume??  It's like I have a snot- factory going on inside my head.   Lovely topic NOT.  But it truly amazes me as to how the hell it keeps reproducing itself. 
 
Ah well, this Old Snotty Moo is now off to wallow in a very too-hot bath, and hopefully emerge in an hour  feeling human again.    Apologies for the disgusting blog topic tonight  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment